Re: Next update of the Policy ?

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:55:38AM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Charles & Steve,
>
> Le vendredi, 2 octobre 2015, 19.42:53 Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 11:23:02AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > > to fully implement the TC's decision, I think that it would be best
> > > to upload the updated Policy.
> >
> > I see that you have committed Didier's proposed text to the git
> > repository.
> >
> > This is highly inappropriate.  The Technical Committee has passed a
> > resolution that provides general technical guidance to the project.
> > That does not mean that the TC has approved any *particular* policy
> > language, or that the normal policy process may be bypassed in
> > deciding the policy language.
>
> For the avoidance of any doubt, I agree that committing the diff was
> premature, although I assume it wasn't done in bad faith. Sorry for the
> situation,I should have made clearer that my proposal was a discussion
> starter, only.

You are not at cause.

Charles is not a policy editor and has no right to commit the GIT repository.
Since the day he resigned as a policy editor, instead of adopting a low
profile, he has interfered with the job of the remaining policy editors by
trying to set the agenda. For some reason his commit rights were not revoked
when he resigned and he is now abusing the priviledge.

The GIT repository is only a tool for the policy editors. Due to the
decentralized nature of GIT, anybody can clone it anyway and send a pull request.
Pushing to it directly is uselessly interfering with the policy editors job.

Charles needs to let the policy editors do their work at their own pace and with
serenity.

Charles seems to have decided that the menu policy discussion should take
precedence over over issues (multiarch, systemd, etc.) that are much more
important.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>