Taking a one-year break (Re: Next update of the Policy ?)

Le Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:55:38AM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :

> For the avoidance of any doubt, I agree that committing the diff was
> premature, although I assume it wasn't done in bad faith. Sorry for the
> situation,I should have made clearer that my proposal was a discussion
> starter, only.

Hi Didier,

thanks for the clarification. When you wrote "at least", I thought that it
meant that you were less confident, but still in agreement, with the commit of
your patch, compared to the re-reversal of my old commit.  I am sorry for my
misunderstanding.

I think that in other projects, a typical reaction could have been something
like:

"Thanks for moving this forward, however, I think that the update is not ready
because of [reason A], [reason B], and [reason C].  I think that it would have
been better to wait before commiting, sorry that I did not have time in the
last two weeks to make my points.  Anyway, here is a patch that would solve the
problem; what do people think about this ?"

However, the email I received this morning was very different...

While I still think that my contribution ot the Policy has some value for
Debian despite my mistakes, on a presonnal point of view, it is a loss.  It
definitely does not make my life better.  I just do not want to be contributing
in that atmosphere anymore.

I am taking a one year break in which I will ignore anything that is related to
the Debian Policy.  Maybe in October 2016 I will be more resilient, or the
community will be nicer, who knows ?

Cheers,

Charles

--