Re: Proposal to update NMU section 5.11.1

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:33:31 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > Talking about improvements, if the following part about NMU acknowledgement is
> > obsolete as I think, how about removing it, either as a separate bug, or as
> > part of the general refresh of the section that is discussed here.
> >
> >   To acknowledge an NMU, include its changes and changelog entry in your next
> >   maintainer upload. If you do not acknowledge the NMU by including the NMU
> >   changelog entry in your changelog, the bugs will remain closed in the BTS but
> >   will be listed as affecting your maintainer version of the package.
>
> Is this obsolete? In my understanding this is still how the BTS
> works; but I might have missed any changes.

Yes, that's still how the BTS works. Otherwise, the MU is a descendant
of the previous MU instead of the NMU. You can alternatively just
include the changelog entries from the NMU too. Either works.

Don Armstrong

--
-tommorow is our permanent address
and there they'll scarcely find us(if they do,