Re: debian-policy is blocking multiarch

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2010.01.26.0007 +1300]:
> I don't see any reason for the package manager changes to block
> the Policy update.  Even if the multiarch field is not yet
> supported, it doesn't hurt anything to have packages using those
> directories (*if* they're used correctly).

Having support in the package managers would enable more large-scale
testing though. After all, policy has always been about documenting
the status quo, not dictating what to do in the hope that the
package managers are amended accordingly and no problems occur when
taking theory into practice.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"picture yourself in a boat on a river
 with tangerine trees and marmelade skies..."
                                                        -- the beatles