Re: Separating dpkg doc appendices from policy?

Brian Ryans <brian.l.ryans@gmail.com> writes:

> So I'd crank out patches, store them locally until I'm done, and then
> submit the entire patchset as a +patch bug against Policy?

Sure, that sounds fine.  Or even just send it directly to the mailing
list, although having a bug is useful if there's any discussion so that we
don't lose the discussion.

> Am currently offline, thus I cannot see how things have been done in the
> past by the policy group. Will look once I have connectivity again.

Mostly what we do right now is send diffs to bugs, which works well for
doing wording discussion of smaller changes.  For larger non-normative
changes, generally the Policy maintainers have just done them, so we don't
have a lot of precedent for this sort of thing.