Re: Separating dpkg doc appendices from policy?

Quoting Russ Allbery on 2010-09-18 21:51:58, in Message-Id
<87wrqi1m41.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>

> You can clone the Git repository locally and work completely off-line
Ah, yes, good old git repos, one of an offline writer's best friends :)
I'll have the latest commit pulled by the time you see this.

» (your whole mail)
This also answers all those other questions I mentioned I had, but does
raise a different one:

> work.  (I recommend producing a series of patches as you finish chunks of
> the work rather than one huge patch at the end.)
> * Submit a Policy patch to remove all the bits that have been moved or
>   that are completely obsolete.

So I'd crank out patches, store them locally until I'm done, and then
submit the entire patchset as a +patch bug against Policy? Am currently
offline, thus I cannot see how things have been done in the past by the
policy group. Will look once I have connectivity again.

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ 43190205 | Mail/Jabber/Yahoo/MSN: BrianLRyans@gmail.com      ..: