Separating dpkg doc appendices from policy?

I was reading http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Policy, and saw the h2 'Get
involved'. The second li [1] piqued my interest. Thus, I've several
questions for -policy@:

1. What kind of time and connectivity commitments would be expected in
   regard to this endeavor should I decide to take it on? I ask, as I
   don't have full-time connectivity, although it is on a fairly regular
   basis.

2. From my reading of [1], not much technical skill is needed, other
   than being able to read well the current Policy and being able to
   interact effectively with BTS. Is this correct?

In summary I'm looking for pointers on getting started with this
project. I _do_ have some other questions for the list, but I feel those
would be best saved until I see whether my situation meshes well with my
intent to help Debian in this regard.

[1]	Policy contains  several  appendices  which  are  really
	documentation of how parts  of	the  dpkg  system  works
        rather than technical Policy. Those appendices should be
	removed  from  the  Policy   document	and   maintained
	elsewhere, probably as part  of  dpkg,	and  any  Policy
	statements in them moved into the  main  document.  This
	project will require reviewing the current  contents  of
	the appendices and feeding the useful bits  that  aren't
	currently  documented  back  to   the	dpkg   team   as
        documentation patches.

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ UIN: 43190205 | Mail/MSN/Jabber: BrianLRyans@gmail.com       ..: