Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On 2009-08-10, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> dpkg "knows" about them the same way it "knows" about debs, AFAICS.
>         Why, then, the .ddeb suffix? Why are these not just .debs, with
>  a specific naming schema?

At least they shouldn't clash with maintainer-defined ones, IMHO, as they
are created differently.  The main point is probably that they shouldn't
live in the main archive due to space reasons.  Of course we could also
filter out '*-ddeb*' or '*-dbgsym*' as long as it's not '*-dbg*', which
should be dropped at some point but should live in the main archive if
present as they're defined in debian/control.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern