Re: Standard to indicate repacking in version numbers?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

We went back and forth on this several times on debian-mentors and I think
everyone finally agreed that debian/copyright is the correct place to
explain any repackaging of the upstream source.  Since debian/copyright is
the standard place to explain where the upstream source came from, it's
the logical place for that information to go.  Please let's not add a new
documentation file that isn't automatically collected by the PTS,
packages.d.o, etc.

OK, I hav not read these threads and perfectly accept enhancements of
my raw proposal.  The basic idea was to mark repackaged source archives
in the name of these archives and then find a reasonable mandatory place
to comment on the reasons.  I'm perfectly fine to do this in copyright.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de