Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

>> > Anyway, it doesn't make sense to make POSIX sh an RC requirement for etch at
>> > this stage of the release cycle, but I would be in favor of the release team
>> > endorsing 0-day NMUs for any such bugs.  I'll discuss this with Andi.
>
>> If the POSIX sh affect the usability of the package it's a RC
>> bug. It'll make the package useless to people using dash as shell, for
>> example. See bellow:
>
>> ,----[ http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.en.html#severities ]
>> | grave
>> |     makes the package in question unusable or mostly so, or causes
>> |     data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the
>> |     accounts of users who use the package.
>> `----
>
> "Unusable or mostly so" does not mean "unusable in select, minority
> configurations explicitly enabled by the user."  dash as /bin/sh is a corner
> case, not the common case; which means such bugs do not in fact meet the
> definition of "grave".

Well... I didn't know that sererity of bugs depend of how many users
can be affected. Using thise criterea you might them reduce the
severity of GRUB and Parted RC bugs since them won't affect too much users.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116