Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:18:00AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Really? Have you read the message where Luk said that #!/bin/sh bugs
>> using no POSIX features isn't RC? That just make me think one thing:
>> "Let's release fast, whatever this means!"
>
> No, it means "Let's release at _some_ point, rather than waiting for
> five years". It's not as if we haven't been taking this type of
> shortcuts for woody and sarge either.

I disagree with you. See bellow:

,----[ Debian Developers' Corner ]

`----

,----[ Debian Policy - Abstract ]
`----

,----[ Debian Developer's Reference - Sections ]
| Every package in the main section must fully comply with the Debian
| Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) and with all other policy requirements
| as described in the Debian Policy Manual. The DFSG is our definition
| of "free software." Check out the Debian Policy Manual for details.
`----

Looks like I'm not wrong. We _NEED_ to respect policy. Otherwise, we
need to do a GR to be able to don't follow a criteria.

> Look, I can understand you're not happy about dunc-tank, but let's not
> start bringing in ridiculous arguments relating to it in every random
> discussion, shall we?

I'm not bringing a ridiculous argument as you can state above. That's
what we accepted when we weren't targeting a deadline and it cannot
change just because RM team want to.

I fail to see where in the Constituition say's that RM team can ignore
a Debian Policy rule.

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."