Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> writes:
>
>> This one time, at band camp, Otavio Salvador said:

>>> Doing that we just lose the meaning of have something like Debian
>>> Policy.
>> So you prefer gutting policy?  That makes no sense.
>>
>>> Why RM team wouldn't use it to meet the deadline and reducing the
>>> overall quality of release?
>> Let's be clear: the RMs don't lower the quality of packages (and there
>> by the distribution), maintainers do.  The RMs make decisions based on
>> the shoddy work that we do.  If our packages were bug free and policy
>> compliant, there wouldn't be a need for this discussion.  If you want
>> a higher quality releasse than the one we as maintainers are likely to
>> produce, then get out there and do some NMUs.
>
> Really? Have you read the message where Luk said that #!/bin/sh bugs
> using no POSIX features isn't RC? That just make me think one thing:
> "Let's release fast, whatever this means!"

Please stop this. It's not because it's not RC that it aren't bugs to be
fixed. It's not because the bugs are not RC that we will happily release with
these bugs. Though it's not something the Release Team will work on as there
are already enough other issues. Do feel free to hunt down all of these bugs
though, they will be considered even in freeze time.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D