Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

>> Have you read the message where Luk said that #!/bin/sh bugs
>> using no POSIX features isn't RC? That just make me think one thing:
>> "Let's release fast, whatever this means!"
>
> Yes, I read it.  Did you actually read what the email you're replying
> to?

I hadn't read the mail. I'm a robot that just reply to messages.

> Do you think the RMs wrote and uploaded all those scripts?  I think
> we as a community of maintainers did.  If the fact is that there are
> hundreds of maintainers out there who don't know how to write valid
> POSIX shell (or change the shebang path to reflect their use of
> idiosyncracies of a given shell), then the RMs have to make a choice
> about how long to wait for people to fix their bugs.
>
> If you care about this issue enough to write several emails, why don't
> you just NMU the packages in question?

Simple. I'm not involved in all parts of Debian and doesn't have free
time to handle that all work. If the package is bug, remove it from
Etch but no allow it to go relaxing the release criteria.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116