Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields
- From: Lars Wirzenius <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:49:17 +0300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20060609200448.GO2626@seventeen>
- References: <20060608065440.GK7391@iki.fi> <20060608112836.GA32664@starless.xtnet> <20060608124834.GV12479@seventeen> <20060608205037.GA3128@starless.xtnet> <20060609200448.GO2626@seventeen>
pe, 2006-06-09 kello 22:04 +0200, Bill Allombert kirjoitti:
> Sometimes, the changelog will tell you the package was last changed 3
> month ago while actually it was changed yesterday and build and uploaded
> today. This can lead you to go on a wild-goose chase if you do not know
> about the problem.
If there were any changes to the package, they MUST be documented in
debian/changelog. The timestamp in the changelog entry MUST be correct.
If you're talking about the package build date, e.g. for binary NMUs,
then that might be a different thing. It would be beneficial for the
discussion to distinguish this point clearly.