Re: Debian Menu policy leads to confusion

Linas Zvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what we have so far.
>

> Draft 0.3 [2005-12-13] (Only covers Apps)
>
> Section:	Apps/Databases
> Example apps:	gaby, alexandria, mdbtools

[...]
> Section:	Apps/Misc [WAS TOOLS]
[...]
> Section:	Apps/Office
> Example apps:	openoffice.org, koffice, gnome-office

Where would timetable managers (KOrganizer...), group task trackers,
etc. be sorted, both one-person-standalone, group-wise-networked, and
connect-me-to-my-palm, or allinone?

I guess dictionaries, thesauri etc. are best in databases, but maybe the
name should somehow give a hint to that; to me "databases" sounds much
like mysql, M$Access and all that stuff I never use and know nothing
about, and I think we would serve our users to give the section a more
"end user" friendly name.  What about "data management"?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich