Re: watch file in policy

Il giorno sab, 12-02-2005 alle 07:48 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh

> > But i doesn't want to submit 6250 bugs to BTS.
>
> In this case, I don't see any other way for you to meet your goal.  It IS a
> lot of work, true.  But you don't have to do it all at once...

This is a little work for every maintainer for put this info public,
take a generated watch file and insert in his package. For i very long
and tedious work and i think is a sort of "mass" bug filling to BTS
because the problem is always the same: go to dehs, keep the auto
generate watch file for your package, check it, and the insert in your
package.

> I doubt it.  When about 60-70% of the packages include watch information,
> you can try to get a "should" clause into policy. But at the current level
> of DEHS adoption, I don't think so.  IMHO anyway.

> OTOH, you *can* get it included right now into the developers reference, and
> I suggest you post a *short* *summary* of DEHS and its current state every
> *two months* (or even a larger interval) to d-d-a.  That will help raise
> awareness of DEHS without getting people pissed off.

It isn't a dehs adoption, watch file are already specified in the 5.10
point of the Developer Reference and the watch file system was
introduced by the devscripts debian package for other purpose.
The problem about sending regular reports about Dehs (actually it runs
every two day) is that i'm not a DD so i can't post on d-d-a maling
list.

Tanks,
Blue
--