watch file in policy

Hi Manoj/Debian-policy mailing list,
I'm the developer of dehs information system [1] that i had also
integrated with some useful info in the developer qa information
system[2].
As you can see from here[3] 6250 not native source packages in debian
doesn't have a watch file on 8238 total non native package.
This issue freeze the dehs information system in a quite unusable satus.
Dehs try also to generate automatic watch file for packages that doesn't
include one starting from the downlaod url finded in the copyright file
in the source of packages.
But seem that the only valid and tested strategy with the maintainer
(after some failure announces on debian-devel ml) for introducing watch
file to his package is to:
1. get automatic generated watch file from dehs
2. check itand
3. submit with a wishlist (tag patch) bug to BTS.

I had follow this procedure with 10 random different maintainer with
packages without watch file and in the next one or two package upload
the watch file was integrated in the package.
But i doesn't want to submit 6250 bugs to BTS.
So i'm asking to you if is it possbile, for set the dehs information
system in an usable status, to introduce Debian New Maintainers' Guide
specifcation 5.10 [4], in some way in the debian policy.

I'm not on the debian-policy mailing list. Please cc me in the reply
about discussion on this thread.

Tanks,
Blue

[1] http://dehs.alioth.debain.org