Re: How much utf-8 do we accept in control files?

Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 10:32:31PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> > Anything is incompatible with ASCII, because it only defines the lower
>> > 128 characters.
>> What I meant was, "any character set which defines the lower 128
>> characters differently from ASCII".
>
> Okay, you meant UTF-8.

Actually, a lot of other character sets (Latin-1, Latin-2, etc.) satisfy
both of my requirements as well (define lower 128 same as ASCII, never
contain control characters when interpreted as ASCII).  However, some, like
Shift-JIS, are famous for *not* satisfying those requirements.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/