Re: How much utf-8 do we accept in control files?

Siggy Brentrup wrote:

<snip>
> While understandable from the maintainer's point of view, luckily to
> my knowledge no (e.g.) asian maintainer has done it yet.  If we allow
> non ascii in control fields, I see no valid argument to prohibit any
> character set.

Um, there is a good argument to prohibit any character set which, when
interpreted as ASCII, contains control characters, CR, LF, etc.

I believe that UTF-8 does *not* have this problem.

There is also a good argument to prohibit any character set which is not
compatible with ASCII.

Again, I believe that UTF-8 does *not* have this problem.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/