Re: Original sources, or not

Hi,

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> While I admit that pristine sources are a good thing (which is
>  why not having pristine sources is deprecated); it is way premature
>  to suggest making  that a policy requirement.

You might have misunderstood me. I advocate requiring either
- package pristine upstream
- include a shell script which creates an orig.tar.gz
  (not "the", as creating an identical file is impossible, but one
   which ends up with the same overall md5sum as detailed in my last mail)
- a note in the copyright(?) file explaining what has been done

in order of preference, but NOT deprecating the latter options.

I am sorry if my original email led you to assume otherwise.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
 - -