Re: ADMINISTRIVIA: Comments on old bug reports

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>      * #172436: debian-policy: [PROPOSAL] web browser url viewing
>        Package: debian-policy; Reported by: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>;
>        days old.236
>
> 	This proposal was initially seconded, but then discussion
>  turned up some problems, and a modified proposal was put forth. The
>  last message in the BTS asked for a new set of seconds; if interest
>  is shown in the new wording, this can be fast tracked into policy,
>  since discussion has already happened.

I am still seeking seconds for this proposal, since I feel it is
important that policy document how url viewing is handled in debian, and
that future browser using programs be packaged using the new methods
rather than hardcoding calls to netscape.

--
see shy jo