Re: cdbs and Build-Depends-Indep

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 06:50, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> When I do it, I ignore what policy says and do what works. That means
> the build target is a no-op

This, of course, has the disadvantage of making the build target
useless.

> (or possibly an alias for build-arch)

Then it seems to me what you want is to make build-arch and build-indep
required targets, and just invoke build-arch directly.

> , and
> everything else behaves as expected.

I think 'build' should always depend on build-arch and build-indep, so
what you're suggestion isn't what is expected.