Re: Versioned Symbols

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 02:02:30PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> You could also take an approach of pulling out libssl-dev,
> and making packages to Build-Depend on libssl0.9.7-dev libssl0.9.6-dev
> explicitly, and starting to rebuild packages against them.
>
> That way, within Debian, it is not possible to build a package
> that is simultaneously linked against libssl0.9.6 and libssl0.9.7.
>
> That is what libpkg-guide documents.

Sorry, I did not follow the discussion closely, so I may
understand this wrong.  But how does your proposal solve the
following situation?

    libfoo1 Build-Depends on libssl0.9.6-dev
    libfoo2 Build-Depends on libssl0.9.7-dev
    libbreakseverything Build-Depends on libfoo1-dev and libfoo2-dev
    brokenprogram Build-Depends on libbreakseverything-dev

Building of which package should fail here?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm
                                      (0)-(0)