Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) writes:

> For translators having a development URL is also useful, because they can
> then send up to date translations; it was said that it is then available
> from package homepage, but some packages have no homepage and have a
> public CVS repository.
> It would also be very helpful to know when packages have upstream
> translation teams, e.g. in GNU, GNOME or KDE projects, so that Debian
> translators do not interfere with their work.  IMO a Project field is
> enough, its value being either some known values or an URL.
> Last point, it is frustrating to work on translations which are never
> incorporated.  For instance if you do not want to bother with the FSF
> disclaimer, you might want to know whether an author mandates it or not.

I don't think think this level of information for
developers/contributors is appropriate for debian/control and pkg
info.  It's audience is too limited for the amount of bloat this will
add to the repository.

If anything, you could dictate this could be suggested or required in
a /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/README or README.Debian file?