Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 04:30:30PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
[...]
> I don't think think this level of information for
> developers/contributors is appropriate for debian/control and pkg
> info.  It's audience is too limited for the amount of bloat this will
> add to the repository.
> If anything, you could dictate this could be suggested or required in
> a /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/README or README.Debian file?

Putting it in a README file won't help, it can't be automatically
extracted.  The problem is that debian/control is the only file
with a parsable format, maybe such infos could be added to another
file, say debian/infos, in a standardized manner.

Denis