Re: Debian-Perl-Policy and .packlist?

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002, Michael Lamertz wrote:
> Except for core packages, that shouldn't happen, since packages install

Then any proposed solution should take that into account...

> Josip Rodin suggested on debian-policy that I should file a bug report
> against the package that contains ExtUtils::Installed (perl-modules),
> but I think that's stretching it a bit.  The bug's in the policy, not in
> the module which works perfectly well on, ...  well, on how many platforms
> does perl run?

And since when that matters?  It is a bug against a DEBIAN package, for not
doing things 100%-correctly-and-in-the-best-possible-way for DEBIAN.

Don't get upstream bugs and issues mixed up with Debian ones.  They are
different sets (although not disjoint).

  Henrique Holschuh