Debian-Perl-Policy and .packlist?

Hi,

I hope that's the correct contact address for that kind of question and
it's not too much of a FAQ, since the site search on debian.org is
defunct quite a while now.

I was wandering for a while now why the ExtUtils::Installed module that
comes with perl-modules doesn't work.  Some days ago I noticed the
Debian-Perl-Policy which says:

    ".packlist files should not be installed."

There's no reason given why this is policy, but it breaks the
functionality of perls legal way to test the runtime environment, and I
don't think that this is a Good Thing (tm).

Is there anything one can do about that?

Regards - Mike

--
	    Well, then let's give that Java-Wussie a beating... (me)

Michael Lamertz                        |     +49 2234 204947 / +49 171 6900 310
Sandstr. 122                           |                       mike@lamertz.net
50226 Frechen                          |                 http://www.lamertz.net
Germany                                |               http://www.perl-ronin.de