Re: Preanouncement: Mail-subsystem policy change proposal

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 15:20, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> Perhaps MTA and MUA config should be seperate. It would surely be
> less confusing. The MTA has nothing to do with 'draft', 'sent' etc.
> That is a MUA issue.
>
> Maybe /etc/default/inbox for the MTA, and /etc/default/mailbox
> for the MUA ?

I think these names are not really clear enough. default/mail-transport
and default/mail-program? default/mail/mta and default/mail/mua?

(Unclear for me would be, at which point the mua defaults would be
invoked. When creating the user? On MUA installation? I guess the values
from mail/mua should propagate to etc/skel if default configurations for
some popular muas are given?

#include <ianadd-just-my-2¢>

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com