Re: RFD: Essential packages, /, and /usr

> 9989                                      * An alias shall be written as a command line that represents its alias definition.

cf. alias:

| The following operands shall be supported:
|
| alias-name
| Write the alias definition to standard output.

[...]

| The format for displaying aliases (when no operands or only name
| operands are specified) shall be:
|
| "%s=%s\n", name, value

| The value string shall be written with appropriate quoting so that it is
| suitable for reinput to the shell. See the description of shell quoting
| in Quoting .

I read that to mean that the output of "alias history", for example,
should be something like

history="fc -l"

So, if that's the alias definition, then what's the value of

"%s", <pathname or command>

when <pathname or command> is "a command line that represents its alias
definition".

I was assuming that "fc -l" was the command line representing the alias
definition, but if POSIX is documenting current practice, I am in the
minority.  Still, it seems as though "fc -l" is more useful in command
substitution than "alias history='fc -l'".