Re: RFD: Essential packages, /, and /usr

>>"Ian" == Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org> writes:

 Manoj> Since you manage to forget context from message to message, I
 Manoj> guess it makes a weird kind of sense that now you attribute
 Manoj> statements like the above to your opponents.

 Ian> No, Manoj, it's you who missed the context here.

	Rubbish.

 Ian> He said "...when there are no problems."

 Ian> You said "That will never happen, therefore we should stop trying".

 Ian> He said "That doesn't follow".

	Full context:

Manoj>  do we want to stop codifying every little thing?
Clint> When there are no more problems?
Manoj> Then we should stop right here, since that is an impossible goal.
Clint> That doesn't necessarily follow.
Manoj> Yes, it does. There are never going to be no problems.

	I was asking if there was an exit criteria, and the proposed
 exit criteria was an impossibility.

 Ian> There'll always be wars and war crimes, does that mean we should stop
 Ian> trying to put in place laws forbidding them?

	False anology. We are talking about adding codicils to the
 law, constantly finagling to it, not prosecuting violations of
 current law.

	manoj
--
 He who enters his wife's dressing room is a philosopher or a
 fool. Balzac