Re: Policy ambiguity regarding control files

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:18:55AM -0500, "John R. Daily" <john@geekhavoc.com> was heard to say:
> > In my reading of policy, policy doesn't currently allow it.
> > Either those packages need to be fixed, or
> > policy. I don't think 2% of packages not following policy
> > should be enough to change policy, considering the usefulness
> > of simple tools like grep and sed.
>
> Interestingly enough, it's not immeidately clear that multi-line
> description fields are permissable in the policy. Obviously, that
> is the intent, and it is implied by 5.7.1, but not "stated".

  Hm.  There used to be a long section in policy (or was it the
packaging manual?) that gave a formal definition of the syntax of
description fields.  Whatever happened to it?

  Daniel

|                "Don't underestimate the power of the force."                |
|                  -- D. Vader                                                |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/