Re: The Serious severity

OK, I'll bite.

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [020503 08:38]:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:15:09PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Seems to me that if bug severity is orthagonal to release criticality
>
> People keep saying that, but it's not true [0].

I think you and Joey are saying the same thing if you read his closely
and quote more of it.

> "Release critical bugs"
> are those that are serious, grave or critical. "Bugs that will stop the
> release of that package" are "release critical bugs" that haven't been
> specifically exempted by the release manager. Exemptions only happen
> just before a release, and only happen on a discretionary basis, and
> don't last for a particularly long time.
>
> There may be subtle differences between the meanings of the various
> terms, but they are *very* strongly correlated, which is right at the
> other extreme from orthogonality.

Strongly correlated in the general case, yes.  Isn't the discussion
about modifying the system to handle the exemptions you describe?

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>