Re: The Serious severity

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	No, the same functionality is _NOT_ served by tags. Like it or
>  not, our bug listing are done by severity, and shoving policy
>  violation into a tag degrades the importance of not violating
>  policy.

Seems to me that if bug severity is orthagonal to release criticality at
least some of the time, then it needs to be represented in an orthagonal
way; tags already exist and are easily expanded. Don't limit it to
serious bugs though, just make bugs that are filed with serious+
severity automatically get a release-critical tag as well, which will be
correct most of the time for > serious and can be downgraded or left off
as needed for serious bugs.

If ideas like these have already been discussed somewhere, my apologies.

--
see shy jo