Debian- vs other Menus (was:general: Sections are not finely grained)

* Dmitry Borodaenko <d.borodaenko@sam-solutions.net> [020424 14:32]:
> > Unfortunately gnome and kde have a fixed menu structure which isn't
> > too fine-grained either... Should we consider overriding their menu
> > structure, too? Or better stick with the standards there?

The same with me. I haven't yet explored woody much, as I personally
don't use such things, but with the potato boxes I care for, one of
the ugliest things is the need to remove the non-Debian menus. These
Gnome or KDE menus are for my users only origin of confusion. Anything
needed is in the Debian-Menu and the other menus hide this and thus
making very simple users mad or crying.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link