Re: Policy for init.d scripts is not LSB compilant

* Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [020207 21:31]:
> >>"David" == David Pashley <debian-policy@davidpashley.com> writes:
>  David> [Checked against Policy version 3.5.6.0, 2001-07-24]
>  David> I would like to suggest the following changes to Policy to make it more
>  David> in line with LSB 1.1. Most text is taken from:
>  David> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.1.0/gLSB/iniscrptact.html
>  David> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.1.0/gLSB/iniscrptfunc.html
>
> 	What exactly does thi have to do with Debian packages? I see
>  nothing in LSB that says that local vendor native packages have to
>  change to confirm to the LSB,

Thank you David for bringing up this issue.

My understanding is that LSB functional compliance and whatever
packaging standard you are using are -separate- issues.  Please see the
"LSB Status" discussion from November, December and January on this list.

This issue is probably the first of many that demonstrates the need for
a clearer understanding of Debian's intent toward LSB.  Ignoring it
won't make it go away and simply allows us to slip further behind in
getting compliance steps moving.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>