Re: LSB Status

* Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> [020107 12:39]:
> Grant Bowman  <grantbow@svpal.org> wrote:
> >* Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> [020106 22:23]:
> >> Yes, but the spec is talking about *.lsb packages, NOT about
> >> *.deb or *.rpm packages. Those don't have to be changed.
> >
> >Really?  I guess that could be.  On what basis do you make this
> >distinction?
>
> Because the LSB standard is about LSB and not about Debian or Redhat.
> You could implement LSB on windows (with cygwin) if you wanted.

Mike, I read it a bit differently.  Are you implying that Chapter 11
"System Initialization" does not apply to Debian?  I think that Chapter
specifies an API for system level functioning and is mandatory for LSB
compliance.  This Chapter includes sections on cron jobs run-levels init
scripts and script functions.

Reading the introduction it specifies that anything that is optional
will be specified as optional.  This looks mandatory to me.  Do you have
a reference from the LSB document that helps clarify this?

Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>