Re: Is it allowed to remove old changelog entries?

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:

> I had some time ago a discussion with Paul Slootman in #85936 about the
> removal of old changelog entries. He did remove at one point all changelog
> entries except the latest on (and Raphael Bossek did recently the same in
> some of his packages). Paul simply closed #85936 with the comment

Policy doesn't seem to forbid it, but it should be assumed that they
should be retained.  There is no good reason to ever snip changelogs.

Maintainers have to do the Right Thing, and not merely say "policy
doesn't forbid it".  Policy doesn't forbid having ls delete all your
files either.