Is it allowed to remove old changelog entries?

Hi,

I had some time ago a discussion with Paul Slootman in #85936 about the
removal of old changelog entries. He did remove at one point all changelog
entries except the latest on (and Raphael Bossek did recently the same in
some of his packages). Paul simply closed #85936 with the comment

<--  snip  -->

Please explain where in policy does it state that the COMPLETE
changelog from years and years has to be retained.

<--  snip  -->

It seems he's right and I can't find a place in the policy that forbids
the deletion of old changelog entries or did I miss something?

cu
Adrian

PS: Please Cc me since I'm not on this list.

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.