Re: "Defaults for satisfying dependencies - ordering" gone?

>> Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org> writes:

 > I'd rather that be the official mechanism so we can reduce the
 > number of dependency elemenets.

 Sounds fair.  What does dselect (in general, an apt front-end) when
 there's no alternative with a higher priority?  Wasn't that the reason
 for the paragraph I quoted in the first place?

 [ ulterior motivation: one of my packages has a dependency on a purely
 virtual package without an alternative, and the information got there
 by means of a shlibs file.   I want to know if it's my package at fault
 or the shlibs file from the corresponding -dev package. ]

--
Marcelo             | "Growl, growl."
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Gaspode the wonder dog