Re: Tasks policy

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 03:24:33PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Task: headers are more akin to Section: headers than Recommends:. Both in
> > > that people really ought to be able to just uninstall a package if they
> > > don't like it, and in that the complexity of dependency specifications
> > > just isn't warranted.
> > Have you thought at all about renaming Task: to Enhances:?
>
> Using a dependency field for this would mean you couldn't create a new task
> without NMUing every package you intend to put in that task.

If we're intending to use a small number of tasks, then that should not
be a big deal, since new task creation would be rare.

Also, it's surely possible to make whatever Packages file creation overrides
mechanism is developed just _add_ the task packages to existing Enhances
fields, preserving whatever else might be there.

--
see shy jo