Re: Tasks policy

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I would prefer if Enhances remained with it's original purpose: to
> maintain the idelogical purity of main but still allow recommends/suggests
> like relations to point into non-free.

Eh? Enchances purpose is to say "hey, even though package blah doesn't
know about me, I'm here, and I make package blah better!"

The political details which lead to its implementation are of no
consequence, just as whatever details lead to the implementation of
Suggests are of no consqeuence -- we have the field, it has a clearly
defined meaning, go use it as you will or as policy dictates.

> Task-membership headers should ultimately have a different meaning and
> different operation from Enhances.

I don't see it.

--
see shy jo