Re: Tasks policy

Anthony Towns wrote:
> You can always run tasksel, select the task, and go "Ok", instead of using
> "apt-get install ..." though. Making "tasksel install server-dns" just go
> ahead and install the task, bypassing the UI, would be fairly simple too.

Another option would be to add real reverse dependancy support to apt
(a Task: field is really a reverse dependancy, if you get what I mean).
Reverse dependancies have other uses, and the lower in the package
manager stack they are supported, the better.

--
see shy jo, cringing at the concept of a package manager stack, but
            that's what we have now