Re: Tasks policy

    Anthony> --HG+GLK89HZ1zG0kk Content-Type: text/plain;
    Anthony> charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

    Anthony> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:42:49AM -0400, Mark Eichin
    Anthony> wrote:
    >> err, does this break the use of tasks with apt-get later on?
    >> I've found it very useful to do (for example) "apt-get install
    >> task-x-window-s=
    Anthony> ystem"

    Anthony> Possibly. task-x-window-system isn't really the greatest
    Anthony> example of a task, though.

So, I think that support in tools besides tasksel is critical to this
policy proposal being useful.  I don't like the idea of having
frontend-specific fields being mandated by policy and don'tt see a
need for tasksel to be a distinguished frontend.  I understand why
apt-get might not want to support or reverse-recommends, but I think
that the actual frontends should support this.