only release packages that have maintainers?

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry writes:
 > Anyone have comments on the idea that the only packages we should release are
 > ones that have a maintainer, not Debian QA?

How about asking the QA team? I think that "packages maintained by the
QA team" is a poor criterion for getting software. They shouldn't
delay a release, but if the code is still useful, I don't think we
should throw it out just because it relies on debian-qa for TLC.

As a QA member, I'd feel a bit miffed. We exist at least partly to
ensure that code no-one is maintaining is kept to a high
standard. Maybe the QA team should be allowed to decide to prune things?

Matthew

--
Rapun.sel - outermost outpost of the Pick Empire
http://www.pick.ucam.org