RE: only release packages that have maintainers?

On 20-Feb-2001 Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Sean 'Shaleh' Perry writes:
>  > Anyone have comments on the idea that the only packages we should release
> are
>  > ones that have a maintainer, not Debian QA?
>
> How about asking the QA team? I think that "packages maintained by the
> QA team" is a poor criterion for getting software. They shouldn't
> delay a release, but if the code is still useful, I don't think we
> should throw it out just because it relies on debian-qa for TLC.
>
> As a QA member, I'd feel a bit miffed. We exist at least partly to
> ensure that code no-one is maintaining is kept to a high
> standard. Maybe the QA team should be allowed to decide to prune things?

I am definately *NOT* saying that it should go away immediately.  More, we
should prune long QA packages.  Maybe 6 months, may be longer.  Some kind of
mechanism for this would be nice.

Of course, QA should have a say, I did not mean to take away any of your and
others work.