Re: Question about native packages

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> consider the situation when an older version of your package is in frozen
> and you must fix a RC bug but the release manager won't allow you to
> upload a version that contains other changes (and the version already in
> unstable contains other changes). If your package is native you'll have to
> make a second branch of your upstream package.

In that case, I'd have to make a second branch, anyway.
The only difference is that it's not uploaded as a whole, but only as a
modified .diff.gz for non-native packages...

But you're right. In that case a .diff.gz could come handy. Is there any
problem switching to non-native format when that happens?

Regards,
	Siggi