Re: Alternative names in upstream changelogs

On 02-May-00, 01:40 (CDT), Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> [w.r.t. preserving the names of upstream changelogs]
> The default would become -k if something about preserving names was
> added to policy.
>
> I don't think the name always has to be preserved, it seems that in some
> cases there would be no benefit from doing so. As I said at the top of
> this messages, there are circumstances where it adds value.. but I don't
> see any proof that it _always_ adds value.

There are probably cases where there is no benefit, but is it likely
there are any where it's a *bad* thing to do? If not, then changing the
default behaviour of dh_installchangelogs to '-k' would be a reasonable
thing to do.

I don't actually feel strongly about this, but I would like to make
having two copies of the changelog a bug...

Steve