Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

> 	*Sigh*. No, the FSF is not the enemy. I think that my
>  arguments point out, though, that a modicum of common sense would be
>  most welcome in this frenzy of zealous and nitpicking attention to
>  the fine print; and point out the these are impractical and
>  unreasonable standards that even the FSF can not adhere to.

Let's not drive the rhetoric to a feverish pitch, accusing people of
being unreasonable or unthinking.  Consider the reasons for that
clause of the GPL, and consider the ways that our enemies would like
to try and abuse the GPL.  It's those people that we worry about.

> 	We distribute a distribution. We offer updates to the
>  distribution. The distribution always contains the GPL. Updates may
>  not, but then, the user already has the GPL when downloading the
>  updates.

This is a nice way to explain it; perhaps even this is the best way to
describe it.  When rms gets back to me after talking to the lawyers,
I'll suggest it.

Thomas