Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

Rando Christensen <illuzion@xanthor.net> writes:

> Noticing something I missed when I sent this - this doesn't mention that
> it's the GPL, nor does it say where to get it besides ``the source''. Is
> that a violation of the GPL?

No, but it's a violation to distribute just the binary ls and nothing
else under these conditions.  It's a minor violation and between
friends the FSF would of course ignore it.  But if it were a big site,
with hundreds of mirrors, the FSF might reasonably worry that some
people would be getting the software and not knowing about the
freedoms they have.