Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au (Anand Kumria) wrote:

> 3. [ distribution obligations for binaries ]
>
> 	a. [ accompany with source ]
>
> 	b. [ written offer of source ]
>
> 	c. [ provide corresponding info. received from your supplier ]

Actually, as Wichert mentioned, part 3 explicitly says that the
conditions in part 1 and 2 also apply.  Although this is poorly written
and not very clear, I believe that the intent is that where part 1 says
"source", we should substitute "binary".  Therefore, a copy of the
license must also accompany distributed binaries.

Nevertheless, this is a side issue.  I have stated my opinions on the
main matter in another post.

- Brian